The taught part of the course includes biotechnology and business enterprise specific content. You have the flexibility to select complementary modules and develop a bespoke course. You will also receive training in general research principles and in professional and key skills.
The course focuses on how to turn research laboratory breakthroughs into successful biotechnology companies. Subjects covered include:
- business models
- securing funding from venture capitalists and other sources
- establishing licensing, contracts and legal ownership
- critical aspects of business planning and project management
- the science of the biotechnology industry and processing
You will attend presentations and workshops by:
- academics with business experience
- business and legal advisers
Your research project is the major element of the course. Your project involves 24 weeks of research in biotechnology and business enterprise. Supervision is by expert academic researchers in your field of interest.
Biotechnology and business enterprise is a competitive research area. Your studies will be mainly based in academia, though potentially in industry too.
This programme accepts both medical and dental students wishing to take a master’s degree as an intercalation. You will need to have successfully completed your third or fourth year of study.
There is no closing date for this course.