University of Dundee
Ever wondered how realistic forensic crime shows really are? Discover how scientific and medical knowledge can assist in the investigation of crimes and sudden deaths in real life.
Internationally, there are few opportunities for students to gain expertise in forensic medicine in a structured manner. The University of Dundee is one of only a handful of UK universities with an active medicolegal department. Based on the main campus, the Centre for Forensic & Legal Medicine has a thirty-year history of providing medicolegal education to both UK and international students and offers a combination of courses available nowhere else in the United Kingdom. As a student, you will have access to practicing forensic medical and dental experts, each experienced in undergraduate teaching and postgraduate training, and will work alongside students from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds.
The primary aims of the course are to:
- Introduce you to the elements of medicine, science and the law as applied to the investigation of death and crime, and its application to the court of law
- Assist you in developing skills which will allow you to develop, conduct, complete and present a piece of research on a related topic.
- This is the only intercalated forensic medicine course available in the United Kingdom and, as such, it provides a unique opportunity for undergraduate students to study the traditionally postgraduate subjects of forensic pathology and clinical forensic medicine.
- The Centre has years of experience teaching forensic medicine to UK and international students at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- All our tutors are practicing forensic medical and dental professionals who regularly act as expert witnesses in Courts of Law.
- The Centre has a long history of providing professional assistance in the investigation of disasters and cases of human rights abuses, both in the United Kingdom and internationally.
For entry to the BMSc (Hons) Intercalated course you must have successfully completed three years of an undergraduate medical degree (MBChB/MBBS etc) or two years of an undergraduate dental course (BDS).
Please contact the course provider.