London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
This programme, supported by Health Data Research UK (HDR UK), aims to train a new generation of world-leading health data scientists, to work in both the public and private sector. Teaching will focus on building strong quantitative, computational and practical data management skills, while providing opportunities to develop key professional skills required to be a successful health data scientist.
The programme will enable you to:
- apply statistical and machine learning approaches to analyse health-related data
- acquire the tools and skills to manage very large diverse datasets across healthcare systems
- develop the professional skills – including teamwork, project management, and presentation skills – to work as a successful data scientist in the public or private sector
- understand the varied roles of a health data scientist within the wider health and health research environment
- learn about the key sources of health data, and the context in which these data are collected, implications of the context on issues such as data quality, accessibility, bias and the appropriateness of use to address specific questions
- study the key issues related to ethics, security and information governance.
The normal minimum entry requirement to be considered for master’s degrees admission at the School is at least one of the following:
- a second-class honours degree from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, in a relevant subject
- a qualification appropriate to the course of study to be followed, in medicine, dentistry or veterinary studies
- a master’s degree in a subject appropriate to the course of study to be followed
- a professional qualification appropriate to the programme of study to be followed
Please be sure to check the individual programme for any additional entry requirements. More information on the LSHTM website.
- All applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure availability of a place and a timely decision on their application. This is particularly important for applicants with sponsorship deadlines.
- Applications open in November, and close in early August.
Deadline for responding to your offer
Applicants are required to respond to their Offer of Admissions within 28 days of receipt, or their place will be released and the offer automatically declined. Please note that payment of a £500 deposit becomes payable within this period upon acceptance. It is deductible from tuition fees upon full registration with LSHTM.