University of Exeter
The challenges of maintaining a safe, accessible and sustainable health service require its future leaders to be inclusive, collaborative and possess critical skills in improvement and systems leadership.
Our Healthcare Leadership and Management programme has been specifically created to offer the time, space, and support you need to become a compassionate, inclusive and effective leader of the future.
Our Healthcare Leadership and Management programme is suitable for all aspiring or established leaders in any health-related discipline which includes nurses, allied healthcare professionals, commissioners, managers and doctors of any speciality including training grades, GPs and consultants early in their leadership journey.
Throughout this programme we aim to:
• Provide you with a safe ‘practitioner researcher’ led environment of learning for you to share your ideas, perspectives and current experiences in response to realistic scenarios.
• Challenge you to consider offering solutions alone and in collaboration.
• Support your development as a leader through engagement with both core and advanced concepts in leadership and change focussing on the delivery of healthcare at the team and system level.
• Enable you to analyse, synthesise, evaluate and reflect on the translation of research-based evidence into healthcare practice.
• Provide opportunities for you to refine written and verbal communication skills through the examination of theory and its use in practice.
5pm, 1st March.